Scar Tissue Physiotherapy
For appointments/enquiries, please SMS/Call/WhatsApp xx
Generally, soft tissue injuries are linked to scarring or scar tissue in the muscles, tendons, ligaments and nerves.
How they are formed is that they were created to replace normal tissues that has been damaged due to injury/trauma. Of course, skin/superficial scars are always easier to understand because they're so visible to the naked eye...
...but actually, we can also form scars internally, and it's these internal scars that cause a lot of the soft tissue problems that many of our patients experience. Soft tissue scarring and its specific diagnosis will be made by our team of highly skilled specialist physiotherapists and hand therapists.
They will assess, diagnose and determine which structures are involved, how severe or bad the sprain, strain or tear is, and guide you and your treatments and accelerate your healing.
Scar Tissue Physiotherapy - Types
There are a few types of scarring / scar tissues:
- Atrophic Scars - they're those that sink into the skin, sort of depressed. Often observed with acne scars or with wounds where skin or muscle has been removed.
- Hypertrophic Scars - are sort of "the best scar" if you ever have to choose a scar. Usually they start off as red-ish, purple-ish, and slightly higher than skin, and thankfully, generally fade and flatten over time
- Contracture Scars - these scars are the kinds of scarring that happens to a burn injury, and they tend to look like they're sticky, plastered and stretched at the injury site
- Keloid Scars - happens when there's too much collagen produced in the scar formation, causing excessive scarring that is very elevated and obvious.
- Stretch Scars from pregnancy or weight loss
Our specialist physiotherapists tends to focus a lot more on loosening the adhesions of scarring to promote joint and muscle movement using specific techniques to scar management.
We have had patients asking us if we know of any scar creams to accelerate the fade/disappearing of scar tissues, and we recommend one: read it here.
Scar Tissue Physiotherapy
Scarring or scar tissue is the formation of weak tissues at the injury site, and they form in 2 different ways:
- if a muscle, tendon or ligament is torn partially or damaged, the body will "glue" the parts together using scar tissues
- the more common way for scarring to form is when soft tissues do not receive enough oxygen supply (hypoxia), dies and becomes scar tissue.
This can be caused by poor postural habits, repetitive strain injuries, sitting all day that causes muscle tensions which in turn decreases blood supply which in turn decreases oxygen.
It is hypoxia that starts the formation of scarring which can cause muscle shortening, loss of strength and pain.
Scar Tissue Physiotherapy
Scarring and scar tissue management is an area of expertise for physiotherapists and covers the entire body.
Upon assessment and diagnosis, specific treatments can be provided. We see thousands+ of patients every month, and many of them being soft tissue injuries so our physiotherapy specialists are very well versed and experienced in managing soft tissue injuries.
Back to Top
Our Physio & Rehab Expertise
Specialist Rehab Group works with specialist physiotherapists and specialist rehab therapists who are highly trained, qualified, experienced and passionate to provide high level of expert care to our patients.
Areas of specialization
- physiotherapy: back and neck (spine), sports, shoulder, hip, knee, ankle
- hand therapy: forearm, wrist, hand and fingers
- podiatrist: leg, calf, ankle, foot and toes
- read more on our specializations here
All our therapists are fully insured and registered with Allied Health Professions Council (AHPC) and Traditional Chinese Medicine Board (TCM). See our entire team here by location and specialization.
Initially, our specialist physiotherapists will carry out a thorough
assessment, helping them to select the most appropriate treatment to
help you recover. They then provide
expert treatment for your pain as well as prescribing specific
exercises to reduce your risk of re-injury and giving you a long term
To call for inquiries or appointments, please contact us at:
Tell A Friend About Us
We appreciate you as a patient and want you to know that the #1 way we grow as a clinic is through word of mouth referrals from valued patients like yourself.
We do not rely on advertising - instead, we prefer and appreciate the goodwill and positive reinforcement from patients.
When you have the opportunity, please take the time to tell your family, friends and physicians about the positive results and experience you have had in our clinic.
Thank you so much, and stay healthy!
SPECIALIST REHAB APPOINTMENTS & ENQUIRIES
Please Call/SMS/WhatsApp to xx, thanks!
We are a wholly Singapore Private Limited group of licensed physiotherapists, hand therapists, podiatrists, chiropractors, sports massage therapists, clinical pilates practitioners and TCM physicians practicing in our scope of rehabilitation and its areas of specializations. As listed in our website are the list of services we provide our clients as referred by their medical doctors or by self referrals/word of mouth.
The range of rehabilitation results vary from patients to patients, depending on a variety of factors and reasons such as severity of condition, genetics, gender and age. However, we will still deliver the best evidence-based-practice of physiotherapy, hand therapy, TCM, sports training and deep tissue release therapy that we can deliver.
The information available on this site is for educational purposes only, if you need a full professional advise on physiotherapy, hand therapy and occupational therapy, please schedule an appointment with us by contacting our staff by Call/SMS/WhatsApp at xx, thanks!