Mortons Neuroma Physiotherapy Singapore
Mortons Neuroma Physiotherapy Singapore
Mortons Neuroma refers to a very intensely painful condition that affects only the ball of your feet, and the most commonly affected area is located between your third and fourth toes. A person with Morton's Neuroma will feel as though they're standing on a pebble in your shoe, or like there's a thick fold in your sock.
How Our Physiotherapists Can Help
What happens in a case of Morton's Neuroma is, there is a thickening of the tissues surrounding one of the nerves near your toes. This thickening may be caused by a variety of reasons, but most commonly, it is caused by irritation, injury or pressure in the feet or near your toes.
In some of our patients experience, Morton's Neuroma may cause an acute, sharp and/or burning pain in your affected foot. In fact, your may also experience numbness, stinging or burning pain as well.
Other factors that contribute to this condition includes:
- Inappropriate Footwear - High-heeled shoes or footwear that are tight or ill-fitting can place pressure on your toes/ball of feet
- High-Impact Sports - Activities such as jogging or running causes repetitive and strong impact to your feet and toes. Sports that requires tight footwear (think skiing, rock climbing etc) will also increase the pressure in your toes as well.
- Having Foot Abnormalities or Deformities - Bunions, hammertoes, flat feet or hyper flexible joint are at higher risk of developing Morton’s neuroma.
Symptoms of Mortons Neuroma
Though there is no one "official symptom", some of the symptoms associated with this condition also includes:
- You may feel as though you're standing on a pebble
- You may feel as though there's a thick fold in your sock, and you're standing on it
- You may feel a burning patin in the ball of your feet. Sometimes, this burning sensation may radiate further down into your toes
- You may feel tingling or numbness in your toes
Treatment for the Condition
What our physiotherapist will do for you is to first assess and diagnose your condition, find out what the core problem causing it, and then start you on an appropriate treatment program.
Physiotherapy interventions will often include:
- addressing any shoes or footwear issues
- correcting any biomechanical issues
- increasing the stability of your foot
- you may be referred for a steroidal injection (to decrease inflammation and pain), or in worse case scenario, refer for surgical intervention.
Return to Urbanrehab: Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation from our Mortons Neuroma Physiotherapy Singapore Page
Back to Top
Our Physio & Rehab Expertise
Specialist Rehab Group works with specialist physiotherapists and specialist rehab therapists who are highly trained, qualified, experienced and passionate to provide high level of expert care to our patients.
Areas of specialization
- physiotherapy: back and neck (spine), sports, shoulder, hip, knee, ankle
- hand therapy: forearm, wrist, hand and fingers
- podiatrist: leg, calf, ankle, foot and toes
- read more on our specializations here
All our therapists are fully insured and registered with Allied Health Professions Council (AHPC) and Traditional Chinese Medicine Board (TCM). See our entire team here by location and specialization.
Initially, our specialist physiotherapists will carry out a thorough
assessment, helping them to select the most appropriate treatment to
help you recover. They then provide
expert treatment for your pain as well as prescribing specific
exercises to reduce your risk of re-injury and giving you a long term
To call for inquiries or appointments, please contact us at:
Tell A Friend About Us
We appreciate you as a patient and want you to know that the #1 way we grow as a clinic is through word of mouth referrals from valued patients like yourself.
We do not rely on advertising - instead, we prefer and appreciate the goodwill and positive reinforcement from patients.
When you have the opportunity, please take the time to tell your family, friends and physicians about the positive results and experience you have had in our clinic.
Thank you so much, and stay healthy!
SPECIALIST REHAB APPOINTMENTS & ENQUIRIES
Please Call/SMS/WhatsApp to xx, thanks!
We are a wholly Singapore Private Limited group of licensed physiotherapists, hand therapists, podiatrists, chiropractors, sports massage therapists, clinical pilates practitioners and TCM physicians practicing in our scope of rehabilitation and its areas of specializations. As listed in our website are the list of services we provide our clients as referred by their medical doctors or by self referrals/word of mouth.
The range of rehabilitation results vary from patients to patients, depending on a variety of factors and reasons such as severity of condition, genetics, gender and age. However, we will still deliver the best evidence-based-practice of physiotherapy, hand therapy, TCM, sports training and deep tissue release therapy that we can deliver.
The information available on this site is for educational purposes only, if you need a full professional advise on physiotherapy, hand therapy and occupational therapy, please schedule an appointment with us by contacting our staff by Call/SMS/WhatsApp at xx, thanks!