Orthopedic doctors, sports medicine doctors and general practitioners (GPs) in Singapore
For appointments/enquiries, please SMS/Call/WhatsApp xx
Visit our list of orthopedic doctors, sports
medicine doctors and general practitioners (GPs) here.
As Urbanrehab is predominantly a
musculoskeletal and orthopedic physiotherapy and rehabilitation group, we work
closely with orthopedic doctors, sports medicine doctors and general
practitioners (GPs)…and many of our patients often ask us about who is a good
doctor to visit for their condition. With that, we’ve decided to create two
pages dedicated to such questions, firstly, this page which explains generally
about orthopedic surgery and secondly, we list the doctors available in
Orthopedic surgery or orthopedics (also often known or
spelled as orthopaedic surgery
and orthopaedics) is the branch
of surgery concerned with conditions that involve the human musculoskeletal
system. Our musculoskeletal system is the system where our muscles, skeleton,
and supporting structures such as joint and soft tissues integrate.
Musculoskeletal conditions include trauma, sports injuries, degenerative
diseases, infections, tumors and congenital problems, and orthopedic usually
employs two approaches to managing them – surgical and nonsurgical approaches.
Physiotherapy, hand therapy and sports massage / deep tissue release therapy
are involved in both aspects of surgical and nonsurgical approaches.
For patients who opt for surgical intervention, doctors refer patients
for pre-surgical therapy for strengthening; and following therapy, post-therapy
helps to accelerate healing and returning to function by exercise
physiotherapy, hand therapy and deep tissue release. Hand therapists may be
engaged to splint customized braces to protect repaired structures. Nonsurgical
approaches almost always involves therapy, where we help patients to manage
pain, strengthen and prevent recurrence in a non-invasive approach.
There are a few orthopedic subspecialty training, and they are as
- Hand surgery
- Shoulder and elbow surgery
- Total joint reconstruction (arthroplasty)
- Pediatric orthopedics
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Spine surgery
- Musculoskeletal oncology
- Surgical sports medicine
- Nonsurgical sports medicine
- Orthopedic trauma
25 most common orthopedic procedures performed by surgeons from
- Knee arthroscopy and meniscectomy
- Shoulder arthroscopy and decompression
- Carpal tunnel release
- Knee arthroscopy and chondroplasty
- Removal of support implant
- Knee arthroscopy and anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction
- Knee replacement
- Repair of femoral neck fracture
- Repair of trochanteric fracture
- Debridement of skin/muscle/bone/fracture
- Knee arthroscopy repair of both menisci
- Hip replacement
- Shoulder arthroscopy/distal clavicle excision
- Repair of rotator cuff tendon
- Repair fracture of radius (bone)/ulna
- Repair of ankle fracture (bimalleolar type)
- Shoulder arthroscopy and debridement
- Lumbar spinal fusion
- Repair fracture of the distal part of radius
- Low back intervertebral disc surgery
- Incise finger tendon sheath
- Repair of ankle fracture (fibula)
- Repair of femoral shaft fracture
- Repair of trochanteric fracture
The use of arthroscopic techniques has been particularly important,
pivotal even for patients, because it helps patients to recover from surgery in
just a matter of days rather than weeks to months as required by conventional “open-type”
surgery. It is minimally invasive, causing most/majority of orthopedic
procedures to be done this way.
Need us to recommend you a doctor?
Have an injury and pain but you're not sure which doctor is best suited for you? We understand and we have created a value-added service for you.
Fill up the form below with as much information as you can and we will forward you (after reading your pain description) directly to most suitable doctor for your condition (for orthopedic, sports and musculoskeletal injuries only)
If you want to read more about how this form came about, visit this page: connect with a doctor most suitable for your pain
Where to next?
- Make A Physiotherapy, Hand Therapy or Deep Tissue Release Singapore Appointment
- Arrange A CallBack or Make An E-Enquiry Here
- See the list of physiotherapy conditions we treat
- Return to Urbanrehab's Physiotherapy, Hand Therapy and Sports Massage Singapore Home Page from our orthopedic doctors, sports medicine doctors and general practitioners Singapore page
Back to Top
Our Physio & Rehab Expertise
Specialist Rehab Group works with specialist physiotherapists and specialist rehab therapists who are highly trained, qualified, experienced and passionate to provide high level of expert care to our patients.
Areas of specialization
- physiotherapy: back and neck (spine), sports, shoulder, hip, knee, ankle
- hand therapy: forearm, wrist, hand and fingers
- podiatrist: leg, calf, ankle, foot and toes
- read more on our specializations here
All our therapists are fully insured and registered with Allied Health Professions Council (AHPC) and Traditional Chinese Medicine Board (TCM). See our entire team here by location and specialization.
Initially, our specialist physiotherapists will carry out a thorough
assessment, helping them to select the most appropriate treatment to
help you recover. They then provide
expert treatment for your pain as well as prescribing specific
exercises to reduce your risk of re-injury and giving you a long term
To call for inquiries or appointments, please contact us at:
Tell A Friend About Us
We appreciate you as a patient and want you to know that the #1 way we grow as a clinic is through word of mouth referrals from valued patients like yourself.
We do not rely on advertising - instead, we prefer and appreciate the goodwill and positive reinforcement from patients.
When you have the opportunity, please take the time to tell your family, friends and physicians about the positive results and experience you have had in our clinic.
Thank you so much, and stay healthy!
SPECIALIST REHAB APPOINTMENTS & ENQUIRIES
Please Call/SMS/WhatsApp to xx, thanks!
We are a wholly Singapore Private Limited group of licensed physiotherapists, hand therapists, podiatrists, chiropractors, sports massage therapists, clinical pilates practitioners and TCM physicians practicing in our scope of rehabilitation and its areas of specializations. As listed in our website are the list of services we provide our clients as referred by their medical doctors or by self referrals/word of mouth.
The range of rehabilitation results vary from patients to patients, depending on a variety of factors and reasons such as severity of condition, genetics, gender and age. However, we will still deliver the best evidence-based-practice of physiotherapy, hand therapy, TCM, sports training and deep tissue release therapy that we can deliver.
The information available on this site is for educational purposes only, if you need a full professional advise on physiotherapy, hand therapy and occupational therapy, please schedule an appointment with us by contacting our staff by Call/SMS/WhatsApp at xx, thanks!