Penguin Ergonomics Vertical Mouse
The Penguin Ergonomics Vertical Mouse allows the user
to comfortably rest either hand on the base adjoining to the vertical
structure, encouraging the use of the gross motor muscles in the forearm
and upper arm to manoeuvre the mouse. Fine cursor control can be
achieved with small arm and/or hand movements. The ambidextrous design
and central ‘bow-tie’ switch allow for easy transition between right and
left handed use.
The weight of the hand resting on the base ensures
easy movement and control of the mouse, reducing the need to 'grip' the
mouse and permitting the fingers to remain relaxed while still being in
optimum position for clicking. Features include adjustable DPI (400,
600, 800, or 1200) and a precision scroll wheel. The Penguin is
available in both wired and wireless models.
SIZING: Originally the Penguin Ergonomics Vertical Mouse was available in two Sizes - Small and Standard. It is currently available in 3 sizes - Small, Medium (formerly the Small), and Large (formerly Standard). While
the names have changed the Model Numbers have not, so ordering by model
number will correctly identify which current size you wish to purchase.
If in doubt please feel free to contact us to determine the appropriate
As a general guide for selecting the appropriate size, measure
the distance between the top of wrist and tip of middle finger - if it
is under 16.0 cm choose the Small, between 16.0 cm and 18.0 cm choose
the Medium, and above 18.0 cm select a Large model. If you have
unusually long fingers or a very broad hand or if you are unsure whether
a given size will work we encourage you to contact us.
Note: we only carry medium size - almost 98% of our clients use this size well. Come in and try for yourself =)
PENGUIN ERGONOMICS VERTICAL MOUSE BENEFITS
- Load Balancing - The Ambidextrous design of the
Penguin Mouse enables users to 'load balance' throughout the day by
distributing the repetitive actions of mousing to both arms, thereby
providing rest periods for both sides.
- Encourages Blood Flow Through the Arm
- An ordinary horizontal mouse causes your forearm to twist away from
its natural position, which can reduce blood flow, put muscles in
awkward positions and increase the rate of fatigue. For many, this can
result in discomfort and pain while mousing. The vertical orientation of
the Penguin provides a more natural forearm positioning while the
increased upper arm movement associated with the Penguin can aid in
reducing potential restriction in the thoracic outlet.
- Eliminates Forearm Pronation
- The vertical forearm orientation which the Penguin Ambidextrous
Vertical Mouse provides permits the muscles to relax, as the hand is
positioned in relaxed position.
- Eliminates the Risk of 'Trigger Finger' and 'Clawing'
- As the fingers are able to relax against the buttons in a curled
position there is no reason to 'hover' over the buttons. Clicking
becomes a natural action as users simply curl the fingers inward to
activate the buttons. The large diameter and rubberized finish of the
scroll wheel enable users to scroll with less repetition and with a more
natural 'curling' of the fingers.
- Eliminates Traditional NEED TO 'Grip The Mouse'
- The upright design of the Penguin Ambidextrous Vertical Mouse removes
the 'pinching' action commonly associated with the use of a standard
mouse. Rather than the thumb and fingers working in opposition to each
other the thumb is able to rest alongside the mouse primarily as a
stabilizer to maintain a comfortable contact with the body of the mouse.
The weight of the hand resting on the base of mouse provides sufficient
contact to enable mouse movement without having to 'control' it by
- Almost Zero Learning Curve
- The position of the hand on the Penguin Ambidextrous Vertical Mouse
is both natural and relaxed. Buttons are activated with the same fingers
as on most traditional mice and the vertical design enables users to
switch from side to side without having to access their Control Panel to
change any settings.
- Cursor Stability As clicking is generated by curling the fingers backward towards the user the cursor remains stable.
- Pointer Accuracy - Pointer control is as accurate as any other high-quality mouse.
FEATURES OF PENGUIN ERGONOMICS VERTICAL MOUSE
- 3 Sizes Available: Small, Medium and Large sizes accommodate virtually any hand size
- Adjustable laser sensor: DPI selector on underside enables user to select from four pointer speed settings (400, 600, 800, 1200 DPI)
- Wireless Option: All sizes are available in both Wired and Wireless models
- DPI Selection indicator: Blue LED behind scroll wheel flashes to indicate point speed selection
- Oversized Scroll Wheel: Rubberized finish ensures smooth and easy scrolling
- Bowtie Switch: Enables quick switching for Right or Left hand use
MORE IMAGES ON PENGUIN ERGONOMICS VERTICAL MOUSE
SPECIFICATIONS OF PENGUIN ERGONOMICS VERTICAL MOUSE
- Base Size: Small: 4.875" (12.4 cm) W x 3.875" (9.9 cm) D
Medium: 4.25" (11.4 cm) W x 5.375" (13.7 cm) D
Large: 4.75" (12.1 cm) W x 6.0" (15.2 cm) D
- Height: Small: 3.0" (7.6 cm)
Medium: 3.5" (8.9 cm)
Large: 3.875" (9.8 cm)
- Weight: Wired:
Small: 5.14 oz (146 grams)
Medium: 6.56 oz (187 grams)
Large: 7.86 oz (223 grams)
Small: 5.6 oz (159 grams)
Medium: 7.4 oz (210 grams)
Large: 8.53 oz (241 grams)
- Finish: Back portion is polyurethane finish which ensures positive hand contact
Belly is Silver plastic, enabling fingers to move smoothly on buttons
- Laser resolution: 400, 600, 800, 1200 DPI
- Compatibility: PC: Windows XP, Vista, 7
Mac: OS X
- Interface: USB 2.0
Corded: 72" (183 cm) cord
Wireless: mini receiver
- Warranty: 1 year
- Default buttons: Top finger button: Left click
Scroll Wheel button: Middle click
Bottom finger button: Right click
Bow-Tie Switch: Right/Left Selection
- Available Models: Wired: Small, Medium (original Small) and Large
Wireless: Small, Medium (original Small) and Large
Small & Large (rechargeable battery), come with a detachable charging cord (self-retracting for convenient storage)
Medium (2 AA batteries included)
HOW TO BUY
Price: SGD 165.00 excluding GST per penguin vertical mouse
Call / SMS 97402164 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how many you'd like us to prepare for you.
Pick up at Urbanrehab@Raffles Place (see how to get to us here), you may also try it in our clinic.
Specialist Rehab Group@Raffles Place
RB Capital Building #03-03
22 Malacca Street, Singapore 048980
Return to Specialist Rehab Group Home Page from our Penguin Ergonomics Vertical Mouse Page
Back to Top
Our Physio & Rehab Expertise
Specialist Rehab Group works with specialist physiotherapists and specialist rehab therapists who are highly trained, qualified, experienced and passionate to provide high level of expert care to our patients.
Areas of specialization
- physiotherapy: back and neck (spine), sports, shoulder, hip, knee, ankle
- hand therapy: forearm, wrist, hand and fingers
- podiatrist: leg, calf, ankle, foot and toes
- read more on our specializations here
All our therapists are fully insured and registered with Allied Health Professions Council (AHPC) and Traditional Chinese Medicine Board (TCM). See our entire team here by location and specialization.
Initially, our specialist physiotherapists will carry out a thorough
assessment, helping them to select the most appropriate treatment to
help you recover. They then provide
expert treatment for your pain as well as prescribing specific
exercises to reduce your risk of re-injury and giving you a long term
To call for inquiries or appointments, please contact us at:
Tell A Friend About Us
We appreciate you as a patient and want you to know that the #1 way we grow as a clinic is through word of mouth referrals from valued patients like yourself.
We do not rely on advertising - instead, we prefer and appreciate the goodwill and positive reinforcement from patients.
When you have the opportunity, please take the time to tell your family, friends and physicians about the positive results and experience you have had in our clinic.
Thank you so much, and stay healthy!
SPECIALIST REHAB APPOINTMENTS & ENQUIRIES
Please Call/SMS/WhatsApp to xx, thanks!
We are a wholly Singapore Private Limited group of licensed physiotherapists, hand therapists, podiatrists, chiropractors, sports massage therapists, clinical pilates practitioners and TCM physicians practicing in our scope of rehabilitation and its areas of specializations. As listed in our website are the list of services we provide our clients as referred by their medical doctors or by self referrals/word of mouth.
The range of rehabilitation results vary from patients to patients, depending on a variety of factors and reasons such as severity of condition, genetics, gender and age. However, we will still deliver the best evidence-based-practice of physiotherapy, hand therapy, TCM, sports training and deep tissue release therapy that we can deliver.
The information available on this site is for educational purposes only, if you need a full professional advise on physiotherapy, hand therapy and occupational therapy, please schedule an appointment with us by contacting our staff by Call/SMS/WhatsApp at xx, thanks!